****SNUFS has an on going volunteer recruitment programme****
We are always looking for suitable volunteers to join our team, please read on to find out what would be expected of you as a SNUFS volunteer…..
SNUFS volunteers must be available for and committed to do the following:
- Have 3 hours plus travel time available each week
- Commit to volunteering in a preschool setting for at least a year
- Be fluent in spoken English
- Allow us to complete a DBS check
- Be able to provide the names and addresses of two referees
- Attend a interview/induction training session
- Complete Safeguarding Training before taking up a voluntary post with SNUFS.(Details will be given at induction stage).
A Volunteer is linked to a child within a pre-school setting where support is given for one or two sessions per week. This being a morning or an afternoon.
DBS – A (Disclosure Barring Service) check will be carried out before any offer of volunteering position. For this we need a volunteer to provide three forms of id eg. passport, driving licence, bank statement, birth certificate, utility bill. (this is of no cost to a volunteer)
As many of the children we support have speech and language issues it is essential that our volunteers can speak clearly to the children using the English language. When assessing communication, language and literacy skills, practitioners must assess children’s skills in English. (Department for Education. Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage. Effective from September 2014).
Volunteers work under the direct supervision of the staff in the setting. Support from the Co-ordinator is offered by telephone, email, visits plus one to one or group meetings.
IF THIS IS OF INTEREST TO YOU PLEASE EMAIL : email@example.com or call Niki Wareing 07449544933