As a SNUFS volunteer you would need to do following
- Have 3 hours plus travel time available each week
- Commit to volunteering in a preschool setting for at least a year
- Be fluent in spoken English
- Allow us to complete a DBS check
- Be able to provide the names and addresses of two referees
- Attend a interview/induction training session
- Complete Safeguarding Training before taking up a voluntary post with SNUFS.(Details will be given at induction stage).
A Volunteer is linked to a child within a pre-school setting where support is given for one or two sessions per week. This being a morning or an afternoon.
DBS - A (Disclosure Barring Service) check will have to be carried out. For this we need a volunteer to provide three forms of id eg. passport, driving licence, bank statement, birth certificate, utility bill.
As many of the children we support have speech and language issues it is essential that our volunteers can speak clearly to the children using the English language. When assessing communication, language and literacy skills, practitioners must assess children’s skills in English. (Department for Education. Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage. Effective from September 2014).
Volunteers work under the direct supervision of the staff in the setting. Support from the Co-ordinator is offered by telephone, email, visits and group meetings.
CALL NIKI 01204 338211 FOR FUTHER DETAILS